Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Blog post

I am learning about Matariki
Matariki Tasks

Choose 1 of the green literacy tasks.
Choose 1 of the blue art tasks.
Choose 2 of the red inquiry tasks.
Choose 1 more task of any

Task 2: Create your own picture book about Matariki. Make sure it is appropriate for a 6 year old because we will be sharing these with our buddy hub.
Task 3: Write a set of instructions about how to produce something that you made on Matariki day.
On matariki day I made a mori house and this is how to make.
Things you need
Iron,mori house image,thine paper, fabric,sewing needles,and cotton
1.First you need to get some sort of paper and copy a mori house image
2.Get some kind of fabrike any kind you want cut it so then it looks like the house.
3.Then use a hot iron and stick the house down on the fabric.
4.Sew the house on to the fabric and stich it with the needls.
Task 4: Create your own piece of writing inspired by Matariki




Art tasks- Must Do 1 (Task 1 and 2 will have workshops to help you get on track. Please don’t start either of those without the workshop).


Task 1- 3 panelled Matariki Sky art
Success Criteria
  • Stars fill the page
  • Stars are in the correct shape
  • Only pastel is used
  • Hot and cold colours contrast
  • Some blending is involved
  • Correct paper is used









Inquiry tasks- Must Do 2

Task 2
Matariki is often a time for renewal. Set yourself a goal of something you would like to work on over the next year, and at least 3 steps to help you achieve this.
I want to work on this year is my maths I am a bit good not the best I need to work on my division and area and this is how I will
1.I will get home and do area on monday wednesday friday
2.I will do division on tuesday and thursday
3.I will practice every 2 weeks and then I will no them of by heart


Task 7
Try out this quiz. Read the instructions carefully and keep your answer to yourself. Write your answer below.
1.The 5th star
2.May/june
3.7 sisters
4.500
5.400
6.eyes
7.harvest
8.berrys
9.yes
10.yes
11.yes
12.Kereru
13.2 keys that look different
14.kite flying
15.Totata
16.before winter
17.eleven months

Matariki ahunga nui

No comments:

Post a Comment